Suppose you want to create a package to move all the permission for some crx trees from one CQ/CRX instance to another. However, you do not want to take any other content. Here is a really simple mechanism to be able to package this up.
0. If you haven’t already, set the CQ or CRX permission on the nodes that you’d like to move.
1. Create a new package in CRX Package Manager.
2. Select the last tab (Advanced) and select Overwrite from the AC Handling dropdown.
3. Select the Filters tab and create a filter.
a. Enter a top level path (e.g. /content/geometrixx)
b. Add an include rule with value .*rep:policy.*
4. Repeat 3 for any other trees (e.g. /etc/designs/geometrixx)
5. Build the package.
6. Upload the package to the target CQ/CRX instance and install.
– Sarwar Bhuiyan